Friday, February 13, 2009

Disgruntled pub patron


Another donation from my one and only reader!

This photo was taken at the Royal Oak on Columbia Road, Bethnal Green in London.

I'm told this was scrawled on the bottom of a cistern mounted on the wall over a urinal. Granted, I have zero eye when it comes to recognizing certain graffiti style, but I feel like this piece has some nice, quick lettering probably from an experienced hand.

It really helps to emote the frustration with this very straightforward message. He must have hit a damp spot or something on the right side, which is unfortunate because the pen seems to have lost its strength.

The quick underline is the exclamation point... the scribble from left to right and back again.
I wonder what was happening to this person to lead to this. Did he go to the restroom after a bad event with the intention of releasing some anger? Did he suddenly find a marker in his pants while pissing, and though "oh, while I'm here lemme just say..."

I can imagine him standing junk in one hand, marker in the other. Adds a whole other dimension! I wonder if he's a righty or lefty!

I hope he had a better time or felt better after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment